Wenxin LUO, Ph.D.
1996, B.Sc., School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University;
2002, Ph.D., School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University.
In recent years, monoclonal antibody drugs has become one of the hotspots in the field of bio-medicine, primarily for the treatment of cancer, autoimmune diseases, viral infections and so on. We mainly focus on genetically engineered antibody research, integrated mouse monoclonal humanized, affinity matured antibodies transformation technology, human antibody screening technology, large scale of prompt expression and purification of antibody preparation technology, high-yield cell line screening technology, serum-free culture preparation and optimization technology, high cell density fermentation technology. We establish a humanized or fully human antibody screening, transformation and preparation platform to generate affinity and neutralizing ability of high-quality antibodies for therapeutic antibody drug and the development of diagnostic reagents.
1. You M, Liu Y, Chen Y, Guo J, Wu J, Fu Y, Shen R, Qi R, Luo W*, Xia N. Maximizing Antibody Production in Suspension-Cultured Mammalian Cells by the Customized Transient Gene Expression Method. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem.2013 Jun 7. 2013 , 77(6): 1207-1213
2. Chen Y, Luo W*, Song H, Yin B, Tang J, Chen Y, Ng MH, Yeo A, Zhang J, Xia N. Mimotope ELISA for Detection of Broad Spectrum Antibody against Avian H5N1 Influenza Virus. Plos One. 2011, 6(9): e24144
3. Zheng Q, Xia L, Wu WL, Zheng Z, Huo Y, Wu J, Liu Y, Yu H, Chen Y, Lau SY, Chen H, Luo W*, Xia N. Properties and therapeutic efficacy of broadly reactive chimeric and humanized H5-specific monoclonal antibodies against H5N1 influenza viruses. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011 , 55(4):1349-1357
4. Zheng Z, Luo W*, Song H, Chen Y, Xiong J, Chen Y, Gu Y, Chen H, Shih JW, Zhang J, Xia N. Antibody reactivity of conformational peptide mimics of a conserved H5N1 neutralization site in different fusion proteins. Arch Virol. 2010,155(1):19-26
5. Song H, Luo W*, Chen Y, Du H, Tang J, Yin B, ChenY, Shi JW, Zhang J. Induction of cross-reactive antibodies against mimotopes of H5N1 hemagglutinin. Vet. Microbiol, 2010, 145(1-2):17-22
6. Chen Y, Luo W*, Wu WL, Fang Z, Xia L, Gui X, Chen Y, Chen H, Shih JW, Xia N. Humanized antibodies with broad-spectrum neutralization to avian influenza virus H5N1. Antiviral Res. 2010，87(1):81-8.
7. Luo W, Chen Y, Wang M, Chen Y, Zheng Z, Song H, Chen H, Guan Y, Ng MH, Zhang J, Xia N. Peptide mimics of a conserved H5N1 avian influenza virus neutralization site. Biochem J. 2009,419:133-139
8. Luo W, Chen Y, Li L, Xu C, Miao J, Shih JW, Zhang J, Xia N. Construction and characterization of the chimeric antibody 8C11 to the hepatitis E virus. FEMS Immunol Med icrobiol. 2007,51(1):18-25
9. Chen Y, Luo W, Wang M, Wang J, Li L, Yuan Q, Zhang J, Xia N. Isolation of human antibodies against hepatitis E virus from phage display library by immobilized metal affinity chromatography. Biomedical and Environmental Sciences. 2007. 20:488-494.
10. Fang Z, Luo W, Wang M, Chen Y, Zhang J, Chen H, Guan Y, Xia N. Preparation and Identification of a Single-chain Antibody Fragment Against High Pathogenic H5N1Avian Influenza Virus. Chin J Biotech, 2007, 23(2), 292−296
11. Luo W, Cheng T, Guan B, Li S, Zhang J, Xia N. Variants of Green Fluorescent Protein GFPxm. Marine Biotech. 2006, 8:560-566