JiaHuai HAN, Ph.D.
Professor, Academician of Chinese
Academy of Sciences.
1982, B.Sc., Peking University;
1985, M.Sc., Peking University;
1990, Ph.D., University Libre de Bruxelles;
1987-1992, Research Fellow, Department of Internal Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas;1992-1993, Research Associate, Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute;
1993-1996, Assistant Member, Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute;
1996-2004, Associate Professor, Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute;
2004-2011, Professor, Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute; 2002-2007, Adj. Professor, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University;2007-Present, Professor, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University.
Our research interests are the molecular mechanisms in stress responses including inflammation and inflammation related diseases. Specifically, we are interested in:
1. The relationship between stress responses and cell differentiation, senescence and death.
2. The relationship between stress responses and malignancy.
3. The relationship between stress responses and metabolic pathways.
4. The functions of stress response pathways in septic shock, atherosclerosis, colitis and other inflammation related disease.
1. Ma H, Pan JS, Jin LX, Wu J, Ren YD, Chen P, Xiao C, Han J. MicroRNA-17～92 inhibits colorectal cancer progression by targeting angiogenesis. Cancer Lett. 2016, 376(2): 293-302.
2. He WT, Wan H, Hu L, Chen P, Wang X, Huang Z, Yang ZH, Zhong CQ, Han J. Gasdermin D is an executor of pyroptosis and required for interleukin-1β secretion. Cell Res. 2015, 25(12): 1285-98.
3. Li Y, Zhong C, Xu X, Cai S, Wu X, Zhang Y, Chen J, Shi J, Lin S, Han J. Group-DIA: analyzing multiple data-independent acquisition mass spectrometry data files. Nat Meth. 2015,12(12): 1105-1106.
4. Chen W, Wu J, Li L, Zhang Z, Ren J, Liang Y, Chen F, Yang C, Zhou Z, Sean Su S, Zheng X, Zhang Z, Zhong CQ, Wan H, Xiao M, Lin X, Feng XH, Han J. Ppm1b negatively regulates necroptosis through dephosphorylating Rip3. Nat Cell Biol. 2015, 17(4): 434-444.
5. Huang Z, Wu SQ, Liang Y, Zhou X, Chen W, Li L, Wu J, Zhuang Q, Chen C, Li J, Zhong CQ, Xia W, Zhou R, Zheng C, Han J. RIP1/RIP3 Binding to HSV-1 ICP6 Initiates Necroptosis to Restrict Virus Propagation in Mice. Cell Host Microbe. 2015, 17(2): 229-42.
6. Wu X, He WT, Tian S, Meng D, Li Y, Chen W, Li L, Tian L, Zhong CQ, Han F, Chen J, Han J. pelo Is Required for High Efficiency Viral Replication. PLoS Pathog. 2014, 10(4): e1004034.
7. Chen X, Li W, Ren J, Huang D, He WT, Song Y, Yang C, Li W, Zheng X, Chen P, Han J. Translocation of mixed lineage kinase domain-like protein to plasma membrane leads to necrotic cell death. Cell Res. 2013, 24(1): 105-21.
8. Lin J, Li H, Yang M, Ren J, Huang Z, Han F, Huang J, Ma J, Zhang D, Zhang Z, Wu J, Huang D, Qiao M, Jin G,Wu Q, Huang Y, Du J, Han J. A Role of RIP3-Mediated Macrophage Necrosis in Atherosclerosis Development. Cell Rep. 2013, 3(1): 200-10.
9. Zheng M, Wang YH, Wu XN, Wu SQ, Lu BJ, Dong MQ, Zhang HB, NaotoYoshizuka, Sun PQ, Lin SC, Guan KL, and Han J. Inactivation of Rhebby PRAK-mediated phosphorylation is essential for energy depletion induced suppression of mTOR. Nat Cell Biol. 2011,13(3): 263-72.
10. Zhang DW, Shao J, Lin J, Zhang N, Lu BJ, Lin SC, Dong MQ, Han J. RIP3, an Energy Metabolism Regulator That Switches TNF-Induced Cell Death from Apoptosis to Necrosis. Science. 2009, 325, 332-336.
11. Otsuka M, JingQ, GeorgelP, NewL, ChenJ, MolsJ, KangYJ, JiangZ, DuX, DasSC, PattnaikAK, BeutlerB, and Han J. Hypersusceptibility to vesicular stomatitis virusinfection in Dicer-deficient mice is due to impaired miR24 and miR93 expression. Immunity. 2007, 27(1):123-34.
12. Kang YJ, Kim SO, Shimada S, Otsuka M, Kwon BS, Watts TH, Han J. Cell Surface 4-1BBL mediates as equential signaling pathway ‘downstream’ of TLR and is required for sustained TNF production in macrophages. NatureImmunol. 2007, 8(6): 601-609.
13. Sun P, Yoshizuka N, New L, Moser BA, Li Y, Liao R, Xie C, Chen J, Deng Q, Yamout M, Dong M-Q, Frangou CG, YatesIII JR, Wright PE, Han J. PRAK is essential for ras-induced senescence and tumorsuppression. Cell. 2007, 128(2): 295-308.
14. Jing Q., Huang S., Guth S., Zarubin T., Motoyama A., Chen J., DiPadova F., Lin S-C., Gram H.,and Han J. Involvement of microRNA in AU-rich element-mediated mRNA instability. Cell. 2005, 120, 623-634.
15. Ge B., Gram H., DiPadova F., Huang B., New L., UlevitchR.J., LuoY. and Han J. MAP kinase kinase-independent activation ofp38α mediated by TAB1-dependent autophosphorylation of p38α. Science. 2002, 295: 1291-4.