Shengfa LIU, Ph.D.
1985, B.Sc., Xiamen University;
1988, M.Sc., Xiamen University;
1992, Ph.D., Xiamen University.
1992-1995, Lecturer, ShantouUniversity;
1995-1998, Associate Professor, ShantouUniversity;
1998-2002, Associate Professor, Xiamen University;
2006-2007, Visiting Scholar, Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, National Institutes of Health, USA;
2002-Present, Professor, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University.
Our research focuses on the following two aspects: (1). Parasite diversity/developmental mechanism and parasite community’s composition in marine fishes. (2). Important human and animals parasitic disease's immunology and molecular biology, such as schistosome and malarial parasite, including parasitic escape and malarial parasite drug-resistant mechanisms.
1. Qiu CH, Hong Y, Yan Cao, Wang F, Fu ZQ, Shi YJ, Wei MM, Liu SF*,Lin JJ*. Molecular cloning and characterization of glutamine synthetase, a tegumental protein from Schistosoma japonicum. Parasitol Res, 2012, 111(6): 2367-2376.
2. Qiu CH, Liu SF*,Hong Y, Fu ZQ, Wei MM, Ai DZ, Lin JJ*. Molecular characterization of thyroid hormone receptor beta from Schistosoma japonicum and assessment of its potential as a vaccine candidate antigen against schistosomiasis in BALB/c mice. Parasites & Vectors, 2012, 5:172 doi:10.1186/1756-3305-5-172.
3. Zhang YH, Qi YW, Li J, Liu SF, Hong LX, Lin TL, Long C, Su XZ*. A new malaria antigen produces partial protection against Plasmodium yoelii challenge. Parasitol Res, 2012, 110 : 1337-1345.
4. Liu SF (ed.). Species diversity of helminthes of marine fishes in China's Seas. Beijing, Ocean Press, 2011. 442 pp. (In Chinese)
5. Li J, Pattaradilokrat S, Zhu F, Jiang HY , Liu SF, Hong LX, Fu Y, Koo L, Xu WY, Pan WQ, Carlton JM, Kaneko O, Carter R, Wootton JC, Su XZ*. Linkage maps from multiple genetic crosses and loci linked to growth-related virulent phenotype in Plasmodium yoelii. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2011,108: E374-E382.
6. Peng WF, Liu SF*,Wang BL, Wei MM. A checklist of parasitic nematodes from marine fishes of China. Syst. Parasitol. , 2011, 79:17-40.
7. Mu JB, Myers RA, Jiang HY, Liu SF, Ricklefs S, Waisberg M, Chotivanich K, Wilairatana P, Krudsood S,White NJ, Udomsangpetch R, Cui LW, Ho M, Ou FZ, Li HB, Song JP, Li GQ, Wang XH, Seila S, Sokunthea S, Socheat D, Sturdevant DE, Porcella SF, Fairhurst RM, Wellems TE, Awadalla P, Su XZ*. Plasmodium falciparum genome-wide scans for positive selection, recombination hot spots and resistance to antimalarial drugs. Nature Genetics, 2010, 42(3):268-271.
8. Liu SF* , Peng WF, Gao P, Fu MJ, Wu HZ, Lu MK, Gao JQ, Xiao J. Digenean parasites of Chinese marine fishes: a list of species, hosts and geographical distribution. Syst. Parasitol. , 2010, 75:1–52.
9. Li J, Zhang YH, Liu SF, Hong LX, Sullivan M, McCutchan TF, Carlton JM, Su XZ*. Hundreds of microsatellites for genotyping Plasmodium yoelii parasites. Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. , 2009, 166: 153–158.
10. Liu SF, Mu JB, Jiang HY, Su XZ*. Effects of Plasmidium falciparum mixed infections on in vitro antimalarial drug tests and genotyping. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. , 2008, 79:178-184.