Qingge LI, Ph.D.
1988, B.Sc., Wuhan University;
1991, M.Sc., Fuzhou University;
1994, Ph.D., Xiamen University.
1994-1996, Lecturer, Department of Biology, Xiamen University;
1996-1997, Visiting Scholar at Prof. Masoko Maeda's laboratory, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan, Visiting Scholar in Prof. Totaro Imasaka's laboratory, Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan;
1996-2002, Associate Professor, The Key Laboratory of Ministry of Education for Cell Biology and Tumor Cell Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University;
2000-2002, Visiting Investigator, Public Health Research Institute, New York, USA;
2002-Present, Professor, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University; 2009-Present: Director of Engineering Research Centre of Molecular Diagnostics, Ministry of Education, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University.
Our group is committed to the development and translation of novel techniques, biomarkers and their combination into molecular diagnosis that is applicable in clinical settings. We invented displacement probes, a new class of probes for real-time PCR that have wide applications in gene quantification and genotyping. We developed silica-based fluorescent lanthanide chelate-coated nanoparticles, which have been used as a new generation of label for lateral flow immunoassays. Recently, we developed multicolor melting curve analysis (MMCA), which could be a universal medium-plex and high throughput approach for sequence variant detection. We are now exploring MMCA in the diagnosis of variety of diseases such as cancers, inherited diseases, infectious diseases and pharmacogenomics, etc. By taking advantages of the rapid evolution of genomics study, we will continue our work to improve the current status of the analytical tool in human diseases.
1. Liu R, Liu Z, Xu Y, Liao Y, Hu Q, Huang J, Shi X, Li Y, Niu J, Li Q*. Multicolor Melting Curve Analysis-based Multilocus Melt Typing of Vibrio parahaemolyticus. PLoS One, 14; 10(9): e0136998, 2015.
2. Huang Q, Wang X, Tang N, Zhu C, Yan T, Chen P, Li Q*. Rapid detection of non-deletional mutations causing α-thalassemia by multicolor melting curve analysis. Clin Chem Lab Med. 54(3): 397-402, 2015.
3. Athar MA, Xu Y, Xie X, Xu Z, Ahmad V, Hayder Z, Hussain SS, Liao Y, Li Q*. Rapid detection of HCV genotyping 1a,1b,2a, 3a,3b and 6a in a single reaction using two-melting temperature codes by a real-time PCR-based Assay. J Virol Methods. 222: 85-90, 2015.
4. Chen D, Song N, Ni R, Zhao J, Hu J, Lu Q, Li Q*. Saliva as a sampling source for the detection of leukemic fusion transcripts. J Transl Med. 19;12: 321, 2014.
5. Heng Zhang, Ye Xu, Qiuying Huang, Changqing Yi, Tan Xiao and Qingge Li*, Natural phage nanoparticle-mediated real-time immuno-PCR for ultrasensitive detection of protein marker, Chemical Communications, 49(36): 3778-80, 2013.
6. Yiqun Liao, Xiaobo Wang, Chao Sha, Zhongmin Xia, Qiuying Huang* and Qingge Li,*. Combination of fluorescence color and melting temperature as a two-dimensional label for homogeneous multiplex PCR detection, Nucleic acids research, 41(7): 1-7, 2013.
7. Fu Xiong, Qiuying Huang, Xiaoyun Chen, Yanxia Qu, Qingge Li* and Xiangmin Xu*, A Melting Curve Analysis–Based PCR Assay for One-Step Genotyping of β-Thalassemia Mutations :A Multicenter Validation, Journal of Molecular Diagnostics, 13(4): 427-435, 2011.
8. Guo Q, Zhou Y, Wang X, Li Q*,Simultaneous Detection of Trisomies 13, 18, and 21 with Multiplex Ligation-Dependent Probe Amplification- Based Real-Time PCR, Clinical Chemistry, 56(9): 1451-1459, 2010.
9. Xiaohu Xia, Ye Xu, Qingge Li*, Lateral flow immunoassay using europium chelate-loaded silica nanoparticles as labels, Clinical Chemistry, 55(1): 179-182, 2009.
10. Heng Zhang, Ye Xu, Wei Yang, Qingge Li*,Dual-Lanthanide-Chelated Silica Nanoparticles as Labels for Highly Sensitive Time-resolved Fluorometry, Chemistry of Materials,19: 5875–5881, 2007.
11. Qiuying Huang, Qinghua Hu, Qingge Li*, Identification of eight foodborne pathogens by multicolor combinational probe coding technology in a single real-time PCR, Clinical Chemistry, 53(10): 1741–1748, 2007.
12. Ye Xu, Qingge Li*, Multiple Fluorescent labeling of silica nanoparticles with lanthanide chelates for highly sensitive time-resolved immunofluorometric assays, Clinical Chemistry, 53(8):1503–1510, 2007.